British Council Young Learner teachers are all trained to teach English as a foreign language and have an internationally recognised teaching certificate. They have been carefully selected for their qualifications, teaching experience, passion for teaching and suitability to work with young learners. Classroom practice is supported by a dedicated and expert academic management team which provides continued professional development for teachers through regular observations, training and performance reviews.
Our minimum requirements for teachers are:
- education to degree level or equivalent qualification
- a certificate level qualification in teaching English as a foreign language such as Cambridge University CELTA or Trinity College London CertTESOL
- high proficiency in the use of the English language.
Other qualifications our teachers hold include:
- Masters in English/ Applied Linguistics/ Education/ Young Learners
- TYLEC/CELTYL - Young Learner teaching course
- PGCE- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (or equivalent)
- SEN- Special Educational Needs Certificate
- Learning Technologies Certificate