TKT is prepared and delivered to international standards. Through studying for the Teaching Knowledge Test, candidates will understand:
- the different methodologies for teaching
- the language of teaching
- the ways in which resources can be used
- the key aspects of lesson planning
- classroom management for different needs.
Who is it for?
The Teaching Knowledge Test is suitable for teachers of English to primary students, secondary students and adults.
It is aimed at both non-first language and first language teachers of English anywhere in the world. Candidates are advised to have a minimum language level of Council of Europe Framework Level B1.
Teaching Knowledge Test may also be taken by:
- pre-service teachers
- teachers who wish to refresh their teaching knowledge
- teachers who are moving to teaching English after teaching another subject