You can apply for either :
- a confirmation letter or
- a confirmation stamp.
1. Confirmation letter
The British Council can provide a letter confirming that your education qualification is genuine. We will check the details on your certificate with the relevant UK institution. The confirmation letter will be in both English and Korean, with a British Council stamp.
2. Confirmation Stamp
We can stamp either the original certificate (on the reverse side) or a certified copy, which we can provide.
- How much does it cost?
80,000 won for five copies of the letter and 80,000 won for the confirmation stamp.
- How long will it take?
Approximately 10 working days, depending on the speed of response from the UK institution.
- What if I need more copies?
You can apply within 2 years for five extra copies for a fee of 40,000 won.
The application process
- Only Email application is acceptable. (email@example.com)
- Please download the two forms below (Word) and upload both of them along with JPG scanned files of certificates or school letters(The attached file size should not exceed 7MB.)
▶ Download the application form (Word 53KB)
▶ Download the verification consent form (PDF 56KB)
- Make your payment, within 24 hours, to Citi bank 0-015867-019 (British Council Korea). (For two days, this payment is refundable should you make a cancellation.)
- You will receive an email from us when we have confirmed your education qualification certificate.
- Visit our office with your original education qualification certificate. Collect your confirmation letter or take away your stamped certificate (original or certified true copy)
Please note that if you have obtained more than one qualification, you will need to apply and pay separately for each. Occasionally a UK institution does not respond and it is not possible to carry out these services.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us.