The International Actors Ensemble (IAE) is a Shakespeare theatrical group that consists of 23 actors from 14 nations, who won the International Actors Fellowship at the Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London. The Ensemble astounded the world with its debut production in Mexico in 2016, with very favourable responses from spectators and the local media. IAE was also designated as the theatre group for the PyeongChang Cultural Olympiad.
In this project, 11 actors from seven nations (Korea, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and Italy) present a contemporary adaptation of several Shakespeare plays. Six different languages and Korean traditional music are harmonised into a “nouvelle vague” of the Shakespeare-Sori (sound) play: Hey No Nonny!. It delivers the light hearted and cheerful ambience of Shakespeare drama that is quintessentially pursued by the very heart of Shakespeare, the Globe Theatre.
This collaboration (directed by Sung Woo-Jo) between traditional music band 'Jeong Ga Ak Hoe' and multi-national group 'International Actors Ensemble', goes on its tour from September to October, with performances at the Jeonju international Sori Festival, Goyang Lake-Park Arts Festival, and Seoul Street Arts Festival.
Hey No Nonny!
- Performance Schedule:
- Global Shakespeare Drama School | 26 August – 17 September, Wanju
- Jeonju Int'l Sori Festival | 22–23 September, Double stage of Sori Arts Center
- Goyang Lake-Park Arts festival | 29–30 September, Goyang Lake-Park
- Seoul Street Arts Festival | 7 October, Cheonggye Plaza
- Running Time: 45 mins
- Hosted by : International Actors Ensemble
- Produced by: Keywe Art International
- Sponsors: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism(Republic of Korea); Arts Council Korea; Wanju county; Wanju Cultural Foundation; Korean Cultural Centers Mexico; Korean Cultural Centers Brazil; Ministry of Culture, Mexico; Dayou Winia; Ohana TV; Hite Jinro