The London Symphony Orchestra, the pride of classical music scene in the UK, had the opening concert of UK/Korea 2017-18 on 20 February, 2017 at the Concert Hall, Seoul Arts Center.
For celebrating the launch, LSO Principal Guest Conductor Daniel Harding conducted the Korea premiere performance of Håkan, Mark-Anthony Turnage’s second concerto for virtuoso trumpet player Håkan Hardenberger. Håkan Hardenberger is the world’s foremost trumpet soloist renowned for his genre-defying performances and tireless exploration of new repertoire.
Daniel Harding and LSO played Mahler Symphony No. 4 at the second half of the concert. Daniel Harding proved why he is one of the leading Mahler interpreters of his generation with a performance of the Fourth Symphony.
London Symphony Orchestra
- Date & Time: 20 February 2017, 20:00
- Venue: Concert Hall, Music Hall, Seoul Arts Center
- Running Time: 110 minutes (including intermission)
- Tickets: R seat 330,000 won / S seat 190,000 won / A seat 120,000 won / B seat 70,000 won
- Mozart, Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
- Turnage, Håkan, for Trumpet and Orchestra
- Mahler, Symphony No. 4