The Royal Opera House screens opera and ballet productions live across the world. Please enjoy the world-class productions at Lotte Cinema near your home. You can meet the opera ‘Cosi fan tutte’, one of Mozart’s masterpieces, it is celebrated as much for its nuanced depiction of love as for its glorious music. Director Jan Philipp Gloger takes his inspiration from Mozart and Da Ponte’s alternative title for the opera; The School for Lovers. We hope you can find the answer to the perennial question of humankind, LOVE through Mozart’s beautiful witty music at the cool cinema near you.
Opera in Cinema 2017 Season
- Date: 19.00 on every Wednesdays and Sundays (4 weeks per film) * No show on Wednesday 26 July
- Venue: Lotte Cinema (World Tower, Kunkook Univ., Hongik Univ., Kimpo Airport, Pyeongchon, Daejeon, Busan HG, Busan Centum City)
- Fee: Adults 30,000 won / Children 15,000 won
- Ticket and Details: Lotte Cinema Website
- Contact: The Content Shop +82 (0)70 4918 4703
- The Sleeping Beauty | Ballet (August)
- Music Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky | Conductor Koen Kessels | Choreography Marius Petipa, Frederick Ashton, Anthony Dowell, Christopher Wheeldon
- Enter an enchanted world of princesses, fairy godmothers and magical spells with this Royal Ballet landmark production.
- Madama Butterfly | Opera (October)
- Music Giacomo Puccini | Conductor Antonio Pappano | Director Moshe Leiser and Patrice Caurier
- Antonio Pappano conducts impressive casts led by Ermonela Jaho in Puccini’s deeply poignant opera.
- Otello | Opera (November)
- Music Giuseppe Verdi | Conductor Antonio Pappano | Director Keith Warner
- Jonas Kaufmann makes his role debut in a new production of Verdi’s passionate retelling of Shakespeare’s great tragedy, conducted by Antonio Pappano.
The Royal Opera House
The Royal Opera House is a major performing arts venue in Covent Garden, central London. In recent years, The Royal Opera has given an average of 150 performances per season, of approximately twenty operas, nearly half of these being new productions. The Royal Ballet is an internationally renowned classical ballet company, based at the Royal Opera House. It has produced outstanding dancers and choreographers of international renown such as Ballerina Margot Fonteyn, Moira Shearer, Choreographer Frederick Ashton, Kenneth MacMillan, John Cranko etc.
The Content Shop
The Content Shop is a distributor for a variety of event cinema under the brand “Opera in Cinema” including filmed productions of Opéra de Paris, Teatro alla Scala and English National Opera. In 2017, it will be showing the brand-new productions from Royal Opera House in cinemas for the first time Korea.