In March, the year-long UK/Korea 2017–18 Creative Futures ends with Festival of Arts and Disability: Beautiful Differences. The festival explores the role of arts for more inclusive and diverse society and focuses innovative approaches on arts and disability.
공·空·Zero: Restriction, Body and Time is a new dance performance by Marc Brew and Bora Kim. The performance is presented as part of the closing programme of UK/Korea 2017–18.
- Title: 공·空·Zero: Restriction, Body and Time
- Date and Time: 18.00 Saturday 17 March 2018 / 16.00 Sunday 18 March (There will be an artist talk following the show on Sunday.)
- Venue: ARKO Arts Theater, Small Hall
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Recommended age: Above 7
- Ticket price: 10,000 KRW
- Hosted and Orgnised by: British Council in Korea
- Sponsored by: Creative Scotland, SK E&S, KEB Hana Bank, GREAT Campaign
- Ticket information: Arts Council Korea website or 02-3668-0007
|About the production|
“We might have been trying to create a performance for materialising something that does and does not exist.”
Marc Brew and Bora Kim share an interest in limitation, body, and time. For five weeks, the two artists shared a rehearsal space to discover new body languages, visual elements, and music, which are layered on top of each other in this new production. In 공·空·Zero: Restriction, Body and Time, they attempt to empty the space, time, and their bodies to the state of zero, starting from their most natural condition. Through such an attempt, the artists show that we are neither the same nor different: being the same and different do not always exist in a pair.
With the help of professional audio describers, 공·空·Zero: Restriction, Body and Time provides a description of the performance in audio. For visually impaired audiences, headsets will be provided.
|About the artists|