We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners. As IELTS Speaking Examiner, you will support the delivery of variety of tests in various locations. You will work closley with British Council Examinations Services staff, other venue staff and venue service providers to ensure the test days run smoothly.
|Location||Seoul, Daejeon, Daegu, Busan, Gwangju, Jeju|
|Salary||Part-time; to be paid per candidate|
|Closing date||Tuesday 14 April 2020|
To be considered, you will need:
- An undergraduate degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one-year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
- Criminal record/ Police check report (from place of origin and last working country)
How to apply
- Send the application form to email@example.com
- Send three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Except 1 and 2 above, all original hard copy documents should be submitted by registered post or in person to the British Council in Korea.
- If you have any enquries, please send them to email@example.com
Examinations Services, British Council Korea, 2F, 19 Seosomun-ro 11 gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04516 Korea
※ Any types of soft copies are not acceptable.
※ All your documnets will be kept in a safe and will be returned after reviewing.
※ Please DO NOT send the documents by regular post, we do not take any responsibility for loss.
Closing date for applications: 14.00 Tuesday 14 April 2020
- Short-listed applicants should attend a face to face interview during 20–22 April 2020.
- Successful applicants should attend a Speaking module training on Saturday and Sunday 25–26 April 2020 in Seoul (two full days).
- Finally certified examiners will be expected to start from May 2020.
- We are looking for the examiners based in Seoul, Gwangju, Daejeon, Daegu and Jeju. Please write the place you are applying for.
- IELTS will be held on Saturday/Sunday mainly.
- The whole process (Interview, training, examining, monitoring etc.) should be consecutive and will take about 3 months. If you have a plan for a long vacation, please do not apply this time. You need to stay in South Korea at least until the end of June 2020.