Find out why our students enjoy taking myClass at the British Council. You can start as soon as you've taken a free placement test.
myclass student: Sunyoung Park
Since your class schedule is flexible, you will be meeting new classmates most of the time. You can learn a lot from your classmates through various group talk sessions.
I wasn’t really interested in English very much. I rather preferred Chinese. Do you wonder how I get to enjoy studying English at the British Council?
In January 2016, a friend of mine from Hong Kong came to visit Korea for a business trip. And she asked me to help her managing several meetings taking place in Seoul for 2 days. I was happy to assist her even though I’m not fluent in English.
During the conferences, I didn’t get some of their jokes because I wasn’t fluent enough to understand the jokes in English. At that time, I really felt bad and lost all my confidence to speak English.
However, as time goes by, it motivated me to study English harder than before since I realized how important it is to be fluent in English. That’s why I looked up the British Council and applied for the myClass.
I have been studying at the British Council for a year and I am extremely satisfied with its teaching/learning system. Below are the reasons why I decided to continue my learning experiences here with myClass.
- You can select the class time, date, topic and even teacher online according to your preference and schedule. It is a huge benefit for an office worker.
- Since you can select the teacher, you’re able to study the same topic over and over with different teachers. You’ll be able to get richer vocabularies and various expressions about the topic.
- Speaking of which, there are reputable and qualified teachers who have a certificate level qualification in teaching English as a foreign language such as the Cambridge University CELTA or Trinity College London CertTESOL.
- There is no fixed course book for the classes. Every teacher prepares very interesting and various teaching materials which are suitable for the topics.
- There are no regular classmates. Since your class schedule is flexible, you will be meeting new classmates most of the time. You can learn a lot from your classmates through various group talk sessions.
- You can easily check your progress with an effective student management system of the British Council.
- Most of all, every single teacher and staff member is truly kind and happy to help us. Their smiling faces would let you be happier as well.
However, no matter how good the academic system is, there won’t be any progress unless you do your best. Therefore I highly recommend you to study hard to achieve your goals. I’m planning to study even harder this year as well! ^^
Don't be afraid of making mistakes when you study English!!