Enhance the ability to read and write texts that are more varied and challenging with confidence
On this course your child will
- compose paragraphs that help present an overall argument
- react to language choices with empathy and insight
- make detailed, analytical comments about language choices and techniques
- make insightful, creative and independent connections between the text and context
- use imaginative and ambitious vocabulary and linguistic devices that are precise and convey subtlety of thought and shades of meaning
- craft sentences carefully to ensure clarity and achieve special effects relevant to the task
An Enquiry-based Approach
We encourage our students to research, investigate and problem solve within topics, as well as developing critical thinking skills and producing real world tasks.
We believe that a child’s mindset is not fixed, but that children can develop their talents through hard work, determination and good strategies for learning when supported by input from others and collaborating with others in a safe and secure environment.
Parent's benefit from:
- knowing your child is being taught in a safe environment by expert teachers
- seeing your child develop in person during our open classes
- attending parent's workshops to get updates on your child's progress
- learning useful ideas for supporting your child at home