What is IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)?
If you are looking to work or study in UK, you may need to apply for a UK Visa and demonstrate that you have met the required level of English by taking a Home Office approved Secure English Language Test (SELT), such as IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training) or IELTS Life Skills.
Is there a difference in test format between IELTS and IELTS for UKVI?
IELTS and IELTS for UKVI are the same in terms of format, content, scoring and level of difficulty. However, the Test Report Form which contains your results is slightly different to show that you have taken the test at an official IELTS for UKVI location, which is approved by the UK Home Office.
Which test format should I take?
If you are a student, please check with your university / college / school which test you need before booking.
If you are applying for a Student Visa at a higher education institution to enter directly onto a bachelor or postgraduate degree at a university that is a Student Visa Sponsor, you must meet the English language level set by the institution. All British universities and colleges accept IELTS Academic results. This means you may not need to take an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test but can submit an IELTS Academic result.
If you are NOT a student, please check which test format you need with the organisations you are applying to before booking the test.
We offer IELTS for UKVI in Seoul, Korea
|IELTS for UKVI (Academic)||Take this test if the university or organisation you are applying to has requested that you take the IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test.||
|IELTS for UKVI (General Training)||Take this test if you want to migrate to the UK or want to train or study below degree level.||
|IELTS Life Skills A1||Take this test if you need to prove your English Speaking and Listening skills as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration for 'family of a settled person' visas.||￦236,000|
|IELTS Life Skills B1||Take this test if you need to prove your English Speaking and Listening skills as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration for indefinite leave to remain or citizenship.||￦236,000|
What does the fee include? Our IELTS test fee includes exclusive preparation materials, free practice tests and much more.
Taking IELTS for UKVI with the British Council
IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training) tests and IELTS Life Skills are taken at a UKVI approved test centre. British Council has UKVI approved venues across the world. You can choose to take between on paper or on computer when you book your test.
You can book your IELTS for UKVI test online by clicking on the button below.
Book with the British Council and you will receive:
- Free access to an online preparation course ‘IELTS Ready Premium’, which includes 40 practice tests, sample answers, feedback from experts and master classes.
- Free practice tests and preparation materials: practise IELTS with the British Council for free online or with a copy of the IELTS Practice book which contains sample tests for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have multiple test locations in countries all around the world. There are more than 800 official British Council IELTS test centres, all of which are conveniently located and have modern facilities.
- Extra Test Report Forms for free: we send your scores free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities, etc.) Only postal service fee will be charged.
- Easy booking and friendly, professional staff : you can book the test online with convenient payment options. Our experienced staff will help you every step of the way to make sure that your IELTS journey runs smoothly.