Call for Artists
Following an Open Call five local creatives will be chosen to create five brand new participatory Urban Games for the event. To ensure quality games and experiences for participants of the Connected City, all the artists will be mentored by Playable City Producers and mentors throughout the process, who together combine many years expertise in creating unique experiences for the public to explore, reimagine, and reconnect to familiar sites. Peter Lee would act as a local expert who can consult from the Korean side. In September, we will spend a week on site in Seoul, testing, refining and polishing the games for October and building engagement with local communities.
- Applications open: 12 July 2017
- Applications closed: 26 July 2017
- Successful applicants notified by: Beginning of August 2017
- Testing week: 5–9 September 2017
- Playable City Weekender: 27–29 October 2017
- How will participation in the project develop and enrich the applicant’s practice?
- Quality and applicability of past and/or current work
- Can you demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively on development of ideas?
- What is the potential impact of the project for the applicant, beyond the programme?