The Young Learners' Art Competition is held in British Council language schools around the world each year. Learners produce artwork on a different theme and are judged locally within three age groups: age 8 and under; age 9 to 11; and age 12 to 15 years. The three winning entries from each language school are then sent to the UK to be judged in the Global Young Learners' Art Competition.
The theme is always related to cultural elements of students’ environments. Therefore, the competition is an excellent opportunity to unite all language schools in the common purpose of sharing their local cultures.
The theme for 2017 is: Travel in my Country: Now or in the Future. The three winning entries from each centre (one from each age group) will be submitted to the Global YL Art Competition and the global winners’ picture will be in the British Council annual calendar.
2017 Young Learners’ Art Competition
- For who: Students who are studying in Session 5-6
- Age group (UK age):
- Under 8
- Theme: Travel in my Country: Now or in the Future
- Create a piece of art based on locations in Korea that are well known now or will be in the future and/or types of transport that are used now or will be in the future.
- How to enter:
1. Entries should be between A4 and A3 size
2. Write the title of the picture, your name, age and the name of the teaching centre.(example: Mugunghwa, Hong Gil Dong, Age 7, Seocho Centre, Monday&Friday)
3. Give entries to the Customers Service Desk
- Deadline: Friday 30 June 2016