In partnership with Jeju Haevichi Arts Festival, UK/Korea 2017–18 presents a networking programme to promote performing arts related businesses and play a leading role in developing the culture for performances in various genres across Jeju Island.
The festival welcomes audience from culture and art professionals such as employees nationwide, groups, agencies, and organisations to general public to stimulate the distribution of arts centers focusing on local culture/tourism/performing arts. It aims to grow into an iconic arts festival in Korea by continuing to develop cultural contents.
The workshop and forum will provide an opportunity to understand about the UK Performing arts and its current status, as well as its international connection between the UK and Korea. It offers a place to network, share information on culture related organisations and corporate supports.
Jeju Haevichi Arts Festival Roundtable
- Date: 13–14 June 2017
- Venue: Haevichi Hotel & Resort Jeju
- Hosted by: Art Council Korea, Jeju Province, The Korean Cultural & Arts Centers Association
- Details: Jeju Haevichi Arts Festival website
Workshop: An informal, discursive introduction to the UK arts scene
- Date: 13.00–16.00 Tuesday 13 June
- Venue: Ruby Hall, Haevichi Hotel & Resort Jeju
- Pannel discussion + Q&A (60 mins)
An informal, discursive introduction to the UK arts scene from Mark Makin and Gavin Stride of Farnham Maltings and caravan. The session will cover Arts and Local Authority Funding, touring infrastructure, programming, challenges and opportunities, audience development and sustainable venue and festival management in the UK.
Forum: Introduction of touring to the UK
- Date: 13.00–16.00 Wednesday 14 June
- Venue: Grand, Haevichi Hotel & Resort Jeju
- UK Speaker: Gavin Strider from Caravan and Farnham Maltings (30 mins including translation)