Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Extra Test Report Forms can be sent to institutions you're applying to on request (e.g. immigration offices, universities, etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a payment method.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic and General Training on paper||￦268,000||Find a test date
|IELTS Academic and General Training on computer||￦273,000||Find a test date
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) on paper||￦291,000||Find a test date
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) on computer||￦304,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||￦220,000||Find a test date
What you need to book
- A valid passport as an identification document. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- A payment method. You can choose among a variery of payment options we offer. You can register for the test anytime through the website.
After you have booked your test
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking test information
- your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
If you do not receive the notification, please contact us at 02-3702-0601 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than three days before the test. You can also view the information at the notice section on our registration website.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.